Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sleep

Sleep is something I have taken for granted. Now I recognize it for it's true worth.

When my boys were babies, I expected to go with out it. I was younger. I was a stay at home mom so I napped when they napped. Lack of sleep equaled no big deal.

Fast forward many years. I'm older, learning to be a single mom of rough aged kids and I need all the sleep I can get. And sleep has not been my friend. It has decided to not stick around when I needed it to. It is elusive and often laughs in my exhausted face.

But last night, I finally captured a full night of sleep. It was so nice. I was so happy when my eyes popped open at 5AM. Two months ago I'd of been horrified to think 5am was a good time to wake up. I'm not known for being a morning person.

Here's to hoping that sleep will be here for the long run now.

Even though I still feel like I need a nap.

No comments: