Monday, September 5, 2011

My Christmas Kid

M: Mama, if Daddy doesn't come home by Christmas, I don't want you to buy me anything.

Me: M! Don't you worry about Christmas! We will have presents! I promise.

M: No, you will need all the money for other things so no presents.

Me: Yes M, you will have presents. You don't have to give up Christmas. Daddy and I will work out something. I promise.

M is my Christmas kid. He LOVES everything about Christmas. From the moment he understood what it was, he fell completely head over heels in love with the season. It is a magical time of year for him.

His biggest act of generosity is giving up his favorite thing.

It breaks my heart.

It makes me so proud.

It makes me determined that he will not have to give up Christmas because of his dad's and my mess.

I love my Christmas Kid!

No comments: