Sunday, September 4, 2011

Thinking....

I'm a thinker. I like to think things through to find out why they are happening or what needs to be fixed to find the best way to fix it.

This tendency has extended itself to my marriage. I'm thinking about it all the time. What did I do wrong? What can I do to fix it? Why did this have to happen? Doesn't he know just how much he's hurting me? What can I do to help him feel more loved and show him what an important person he is to me?

Thinking, thinking, always thinking!

Sometimes this can be good. But right now, it's driving me nuts. I can't shut my brain off. I'm always looking for the answers. AAAHHHHH!

This is something I'm struggling with giving up to God. I've given him my marriage. I've given him my weakness. I've given him my patience. But thinking? Not so much. And I should too.

I tend to be controlling. I'm working on that too. I'm much better than I used to be. But my anxiety over this is still dogging me. My need to look for answers is becoming a tad bit obsessive. And I'm not sure how to make it stop.

So today I will pray that God lift this burden from my shoulders as I'm slowly becoming anxiety filled over it. I have to let it go. It's hard but I know I do. Because He can't do His best work in this situation until I do....

No comments: