Friday, September 2, 2011

Putting the Pieces Back Together...Again!

So after yesterday of why me's, I'm so broken, and it hurts so bad to just breathe, today I'm putting the pieces back together.

Today I'm picking all the pieces of my broken heart up and putting them back together. Again. And sadly, I'm finding it easier to do each time it happens. My reliance on God to be my strength helps tremendously. Reaching out to others so I'm not alone helps. Writing it down both on paper and this blog helps. Being shown by my crazy but wonderful family how much I'm loved is a HUGE help, HUGE!

So today I drug myself out of bed and forced one foot in front of the other and got moving forward again. I smiled for my kids. I found joy in the sunshine. I am thankful for being allowed one more day to make things right again.

Don't get me wrong, I still cry when I need to but I won't allow myself a pity party again for a while. They aren't helpful in this situation. Instead I hug my kids, lean on family members who offer shoulders and most important of all, I pray. Daily. Sometimes between breaths just to make it through.

Because I have no choice but to make it through. And become a better person because of this struggle.


No comments: